Friday, October 15, 2010

Brumbies, Karori Rd

Wouldn't buy again - no offence intended.  $3.30  4/10  Suspected made off site.

I have in my notes that this was 'very pedestrian' - but I have no idea what I meant by that, though I recollect the rest of the notes.  I do admit this was from about a week ago when I was in a caramel slice frenzy... 

This slice looked a bit of alright, and smelt ok, seemed to have a bit of coconut and cocoa in the base.  However, the caramel blended into the chocolate and the base, all blurred into a mouth slush.  

Not bad, about what I'd expect from a Brumbies.

I must admit I'm getting a bit sick of crap-ish tasting caramel slices - I should have known this wasn't going to be exemplary, but thought I should be fair and review it - I might have been presently surprised.  Though, since I need to a instigate a per swim/per caramel slice rule I will now demonstrate more discretion. 

2 comments:

  1. "No offence intended"? Come on, you're a reviewer, if you take people's feelings into account then you're going to be censoring yourself. Latch on to you inner Hank Moody and rip into the slices. You've exchanged hard cash for the treats so you have the right to put it all out there.

    Also I think it's dangerous putting any discretion into your choices. You'll miss out on some unexpected gems if you stop taking a chance on slices just because they come from disreputable shops or look a bit unkempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You raise a good point George. Perhaps the Hank-esque additional drinking and subsequent vomiting will help deal with the calories...

    ReplyDelete