Thursday, October 7, 2010

RECIPE: Donna Hay, made by Wendo!

RECIPE: Donna Hay, made by Wendo - cost per batch: $?  7/10

I have been somewhat remiss in this posting given it was made last weekend.  I have been in two minds on posting reviews of recipes, esp. when buddies have made a batch - I have been apprehensive that my affection for my friend may soften any review - esp. those who have "the best recipe ever"! (Not the claim in this instance.)

However, this seems somewhat of a dis-service.  So... I am going to have a crack at it, noting these are reviews of the recipe, not of my friends per se, or their personal caramel slice taste.

Right, that said, I did quite like this recipe - I must admit I wasn't convinced at first, though I think this was due to the plate of cheese, stunning pinot and large dish of cannelloni I'd eaten (nothing much tastes brilliant after that).  But it was quite good.  I would stick this recipe in the 'svelte/sleek' category.  It has a nice base - though no coconut (I understand Donna Hay has two recipes, one using ground alonds, and one using coconut).   Good, good caramel.  The only area that I think could be improved would be the chocolate, trusty cooking chocolate was used, and perhaps we could have tried a block of Whittakers dark Ghana...

Overall pretty good.  I completely forgot to take a picture of this slice. I gutsed it all first - well, me, family and work buddies as there was A LOT of it.  Though there is a pic with the recipe:
http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/322-chocolate-caramel-slice/

No comments:

Post a Comment