Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Arobake, Wellington

Arobake, Wellington.  Certainly buy again.  Made on site 8/10. $3.60

This was labelled Aro Bake's 'Caramel and Macadamia Slice', so I was a little unsure as to what it would be like - I'm not personally big on nuts in baking or with chocolate.

However, it had a delicious chewy, coconutty, almost oaty base - which must have been the macadamia.  I couldn't really taste the macadamia flavour but Kane could.  I was relieved about the base because it initially looked a bit brisk/hard - I assume it was relatively fresh.  The caramel was borderline perfect - not metallic or overly sweet.

The only thing keeping this from a 9 or 10 was the chocolate - milk chocolate, which while I love, has no place on a caramel slice.

Would definitely buy again, and take as a treat to someone's house.  Perhaps it's just as well it has milk chocolate or I'd become a too frequent visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment