Monday, September 26, 2011

Barista, Palmerston North No.1

Barista, Palmerston North No.1. Definitely buy again. Made on site 9/10. $4?

This was delicious despite not being lathered in chocolate on top.  We were in PN and went back to an old haunt - they had two caramelly slices; this was the one actually called 'Caramel Slice'.

It had a nice soft, fresh base, perfect caramel and a dough and chocolate top.  Can you SEE how perfect that caramel looks - well to me anyway.

Usually I'd sniff at a caramel slice with no coconut in the base nor a full chocolate topping.  As previously stated I prefer the 'svelte' rather than 'rustic country' version, but I think this turned me.

It was actually twice as big as this, I'd just shared it with my friend Robyn, so good value too.  If I thought I'd get away with it I'd try and pass this off as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment